Friday, June 13, 2014

Back Seat: Occupied


My facebook newsfeed has lit up recently with friends who are traveling to Ethiopia to meet/bring their children HOME. I am flooded with appreciation for the way God places orphans in families, for all I've learned about Him since He called us to adopt (pure gold!), and for the joy that it is to have my little ones with me every day.

Over a year ago now, while we were waiting (and WAITING) for "the call" to go and get our boys, I wrote THIS post: Empty Back Seat. Now, here we are - our whole lives whirring by - doing it together, Hill Family of 4.

I'm taking pause today to give thanks and beyond for the following, recognizing how much beauty there is in the present. Lifting up all the moms out there with hearts that are swollen today with the vision God has given them while they still have to wait, and THANK YOU Lord, for my sisters who today get to GO!



"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." - James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment